Wednesday, March 2, 2016

An Ode to All the Books I Can't Read Because of College

(Okay, so this technically isn't an ode, but it's still me lamenting over some specific things.)

When school demands your full attention, there's not much you can do to resist; especially when a degree is on the line. With all the reading and studying I've had to do this semester, I've barely had any time to read for fun. I figured I would torture myself a little more and make a list of some books that will be published in the time before I graduate. Basically it's a "look but don't touch" list, and I might regret this in the future. If any of these seems like something you'd like, I would definitely recommend checking them out. I put links to all of their goodreads pages in the title.


Publication Date: March 22nd

First of all, look at that cover. Isn't it gorgeous? If I hadn't read the first couple chapters through the publisher I probably would have picked it up based on the cover alone. But putting that aside, the language and characters of this novel just seem so fascinating, and there's this huge mystery that I really want to see all the way through.


Publication Date: March 29th

The last book left us on such an awful cliffhanger, and I'm so desperate to get this book in my hands. I've seen wonderful reviews on Twitter (which btw I am 110% jealous of those lucky people), which makes the wait so much harder. Need this book in my life pronto.


Publication Date: April 5th

I haven't read anything by this author yet, but I've been trying to branch out and read more contemporary. I will say that I follow her on Twitter and she is hilariousI was kinda sold on that point. Overall, this novel sounds like a pretty cool YA romance.



Publication Date: April 26

Another author I haven't read, but honestly this whole novel seems right up my alley. Plus it's inspired by Indian mythology, which I would love to learn more about. Bonus 2: it's a standalone. Waiting years for a series to finish is so hard sometimes.


Publication Date: May 3rd

Another last book in a series, and I am burning with questions that need to be answered. This one had a cliffhanger as well, but all the little teases of what's the come got me the most worked up. Another book I can't wait to finally have in my hands!



Publication Date: May 17th

I absolutely LOVED the holiday version of this, so I'm just ecstatic that Perkins put together another list of great authors. This will be published right around the time finals are finished, so I'm thinking of rewarding myself with this book. I can't wait for the adorableness.

So there you have it! Six books that I will be pining over as I simultaneously cry over my textbooks for about two and a half more months. Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment