Sunday, January 8, 2017

Looking forward to 2017 for the books

So yeah...2016 was rough. Blog-wise I had no motivation to update or read cause if you hadn't heard adult life is hard, and then life-wise just...yikes. Went a little news-numb towards the end there cause the bad was constant and overwhelming. So I'm ready to dive back into reading, and I'm hoping this list will give me some incentive.


Anticipated Reads of 2017:



Once and for All by Sarah Dessen (June 6th)

Dessen is an automatic read for me sometimes more for the nostalgia than the plot. Her formula has gotten a bit dull over the years, but I'm hoping maybe this one will break away a bit.

I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo (May 30th)

Honestly this just looks like a fun read, and it's got something I've personally never seen in a YA beforeK dramas. I've watched a couple and really enjoyed them, so I'm excited to see how it influences a contemporary YA novel.

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth (January 17th)

Her Divergent series didn't really catch my interest, but I absolutely loved her short story, Inertia, so I'm willing to give this one a shot. Also that cover art. It's beauty 100% makes me want to buy it anyway.

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (May 30th)

Another novel with an amazing coverI absolutely love how it's just so natural looking like a fun Insta photo that you wish you could have been apart of. The plot summary also hints at an opposites-clash-yet-they're meant-to-be cliche, which I'm always on board to read.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (February 28th)


So first of all, I've heard great things about this from Twitter, and actually just learned from the Goodreads summary that it's already had movie rights sold. Wow. But mostly I want to read this because it has important discourse for current events, and novels have always been one of the best ways for me to understand/comprehend oppression in a way I've never personally experienced.


Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (Janurary 3rd)


Yes, this has already come out. And yes, I already have it. But I haven't gotten around to reading it, so I'm still counting it. I put together a review for Passenger, the first in the series, so you can read that to decide if the series sounds appealing to you. (It's so goodddd.)


Caraval by Stephanie Garber (January 31st)


Alright so this is one of those weird ones where I haven't heard a lot of specific things, I've just seen praise for it all over my Twitter feed. I know at least that it's got magic and carnivals happening, and since I liked The Night Circus I'll give it a try.


Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (May 16th)

Being honest hereI saw the main character was an alchemist and automatically wanted to read it cause of FMA. Sorry not sorry. Continuing past that, it seems like the start of a really badass series, and I've got a strong hunch I'm gonna love the protagonist.

And that's my list! Which I just noticed only has books for the first half of the year...whoops. Anyway, if everything goes as expected (when does it ever), then I'll have a review up for Wayfarer soon. But since I don't trust my lazy self, I've decided I'm also going to start bringing in the "thingamabobs" in my blog name and just share about random stuff. I'm very good at getting suddenly obsessed with new things, so expect the unexpected. I'd plan a post ahead of time and probably scrap it because I'm into something new. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment