Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Book Round-Up

Happy New Year, everyone! I didn't read as much as I would have liked in 2015, but I still found some wonderful books throughout the year. So, I decided to join in on the recap fun and post my own favorites of 2015, plus throw in my 2016 current to-read pile and anticipated reads. I'll link to my own reviews on the favorite list and goodreads links on the unread ones. Onward!


Nikki's 2015 Favorites

  • I read Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi before I started this blog, so I never got a chance to review it here. I can tell you though that the Shatter Me series is one of my absolute favorites. Mafi's writing is poetic and beautiful and Juliette, the main heroine, is an incredibly inspiring young woman. It's a YA dystopian read that I would highly recommend!
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer is also one I read before the blog. I'm a sucker for fairy tale re-tellings, and I loved the imaginative, new world in this series. It's futuristic and compelling and there's lots of adventure. I haven't gotten a chance to read through the whole series, but I've heard only good things about the last book, Winter. I would also highly recommend it!
  • My review for The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski is here. Kestrel is an amazing character that is the epitome of badass princess trope.
  • My review for Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen is here. I'm more of a fantasy than contemporary reader, but I'm always first in line for Sarah Dessen novels.
  • My review for The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh is here. I loved this novel, an Arabian Nights re-telling, and I absolutely can't wait for the sequel in 2016 because there are so many questions I need answered.
  • My review for Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is here. This novel was hilarious, intricate, complex which made for a very entertaining ride.
  • My review for A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas is here. This novel was massive and packed with great writing, romance, and adventure.


Nikki's 2016 To-Read Stack

And this is just currentlyit'll triple by the end of the year!



Nikki's 2016 Anticipated Reads


And that's a wrap! Look out tomorrow for a new review. I got an ARC of one of the above 2016 anticipated reads! Here's to 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment